Friday, June 17, 2011

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Book ThiefThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If I were to describe this book in the manor of the book itself I would think that its color would be blue. Not just any blue mind you but the pure blue of the sky after a rainstorm. The blue that is so beautiful it makes you happy and sad at the same time. This book chronicles the life of a child in Nazi Germany during WWII. It is Schindler's List and the Diary of Ann Frank rolled into one. This story is narrated by the soul collector and this unusual view point gives this book a unique twist on reality that is both creepy and compelling at the same time. I laughed and cried until my sides hurt. I think that this book is wonderful and a must read. For anyone who likes drama, or historical fiction or an all around good book. It is going on my to read again list!



View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. I found you over at the Tuesday Book Talk Group.
    Welcome to the book blogging community -you're still rather new - I like your profile blurb. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most welcome! I have been reading for years but it is just, recently that I have started reviewing them. I got to the point where I was forgetting whether or not I had read a book or not so I started writing reviews for reference and found that I liked doing it so I joined http://www.goodreads.com and http://www.librarything.com and the rest as they say is history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews are so well-written. I enjoy reading them, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Viking refrigerator repair Calabasas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair Montecito

    ReplyDelete