Friday, July 29, 2011

Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah

Distant ShoresDistant Shores by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is about a bird who falls out of her nest because she has forgotten how to fly. Elizabeth Shore aka "Birdie" realizes one day that her life is not all it is cracked up to be. She has a husband, and two wonderful kids but somewhere along the way she has lost herself. After a tragedy in the family shakes her foundation. Grief forces her from her nest and she realizes that has to find the deep down love for herself and her lost passions before she can fly up to her nest to be loved once more. Along the way there is hurt feelings, and a drastic brake-ups but in the end she gains more than she bargains for. I really enjoyed this book it reminded how important it is not to give up on my writing no matter how hectic my real life gets. The only problem I had with this book is that the pacing is painfully slow but maybe that was the point as it was a book about healing relationships and that process is never easy or quick. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes romance, or is struggling to find themselves.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment