Sunday, December 1, 2013

How the Octopus Got Eight Arms. Two arms are never enough by Yvonne Arrovo Illustrated by Carl Wanzone.

How the Octopus Got Eight Arms: Two Arms Are Never EnoughHow the Octopus Got Eight Arms: Two Arms Are Never Enough by Yvonne Arroyo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. The concept of it is very endearing: a two legged octopus marries a shark and they have eight children. When the wife is called away on a family emergency, the octopus is left to take care of the children on his own. He is unable to do so and falls ill. The wife returns home and takes him to the hospital where they give him more arms. I liked this book up to the point where he goes to the hospital. He drinks some green fluid and then gets surgery to have the other arms attached. This act of having surgery to alter your appearance did not seem right, even if it was for a good reason. I let my children read it and the younger ones thought it was great, while the older ones thought it was weird and were bothered by the surgery also. I would therefore only recommend this book to younger readers who do not have sensitive stomachs.

I received this book as an early review copy for my honest review and I have given it. The opinions expressed herein are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment